Contesting a Municipal Rates Valuation

The mass appraisal techniques used by the General Valuation Roll has been known to have errors., and the municipal valuation is probably not based on a physical valuation of your property.

The Municipal Property Rates Act (MPRA) does make provision for errors to be corrected through the Supplementary Roll. The onus is on you the property owner, to contest the municipal valuation and the onus is on you to prove that your house is worth less than estimated for the rates role.

The objection needs to be lodged before the deadline on the correct documentation and submitted together with your proof. This is where a valuation on the property is beneficial as the valuation report will have all the information to prove your case and to prove that the municipal valuation is inaccurate.

Free Quote

All you have to do is contact us and we will send you an obligation free quote for you to obtain a prompt and trustworthy valuation to assist you in making the right decisions.

Get In Touch With Us:

Land Line: 012show number / Office Cell: 060show number / Brian: 082show number
Get in Touch


C2C Property Valuations


Send an email with the address of the property that you would like valued and we will send you an obligation free quotation or phone if you would like to discuss your specific requirements.


Address: Across Gauteng



Land Line: 011show number

Office Cell: 060show number